This tutorial describes how you can connect your users’ wordpress accounts to the chat.
In this mode of operation, when a user visits your site and logs in, they will be simultaneously signed in to the chat with the same user name (and avatar) as their site account.
This mode is best suited to a larger site, where your visitors are accustomed to logging in. For a small site, with only a few visitors, it is not recommended to use this mode.
Ok, here are the steps that you must take to set up the link, you should already have FCChat Installed and running before proceding:
1) First, sign in to your wordpress dashboard with the account you use for administration.
2) Next, go to a web page on your site and sign in to the chat with your FCChat administrative account.
3) Click on your screen name and click ‘mod’ to go to the FCChat administration panel.
4) Once in the administration panel, where it says ‘CMS Type’, select wordpress. Where it says ‘Administrative account’, enter the name of your wordpress administrative account. This must be the account you signed in as in step one.
5) Next, from your wordpress dashboard, go to Settings -> FChatSettings.
6) Find the variable user_integration_bridge and set it as follows:
7) Find the variable startText and set it as follows:
To begin chatting, please <b>Sign In</b>
8) Now load up a page on your web site with your browser. You may have to refresh the page a couple of times in order your the new settings to ‘catch’.
9) Ok, your done!
If you want to go back to the ‘default user registration mode’, simply reverse the changes you made in the Settings -> FCChat Settings page, by setting user_integration_bridge to an empty string.
You will now be able to access the FCChat administration panel with your wordpress administrative account. (The account you designated in step 5)