This tutorial describes how you can connect your users’ Joomla accounts to the chat.
In this mode of operation, when a user visits your site and logs in, they will be simultaneously signed in to the chat with the same user name (and avatar) as their site account.
This mode is best suited to a larger site, where your visitors are accustomed to logging in. For a small site, with only a few visitors, it is not recommended to use this mode.
Ok, here are the steps that you must take to set up the link, you should already have FCChat Installed and running before proceding:
1) First, sign in to your Joomla dashboard with the account you use for administration.
2) Next, go to a web page on your site and sign in to the chat with your FCChat administrative account.
3) Click on your screen name and click ‘mod’ to go to the FCChat administration panel.
4) Once in the administration panel, where it says ‘CMS Type’, select joomla. Where it says ‘Administrative account’, enter the name of your Joomla administrative account. This must be the account you signed in as in step one.
5) Next, go to your Joomla dashboard. Go to the Module Manager and click on fcchat to bring up the options page.
6) Find the variable user_integration_bridge and set it as follows:
7) Find the variable startText and set it as follows:
To begin chatting, please <b>Sign In</b>
8) Press Save, and then load up a page on your web site with your browser. You may have to refresh the page a couple of times in order your the new settings to ‘catch’.
9) Ok, your done!
If you want to go back to the ‘default user registration mode’, simply reverse the changes you made in the Module Settings page, by setting user_integration_bridge to an empty value.